On 11/02/11 13:45, Terry Coles wrote:

How are the mighty fallen!  Nokia have been the leading phone provider ever
since there were mobiles, (certainly in Europe).  They missed the boat on
Smartphones, because they stayed with Symbian, but they had a chance to catch
up with MeeGo.

Now they've hitched a ride with another lame duck, then I think the end is
inevitable.  WinMo 7 hasn't attracted much take-up and what sales figures that
have been released are actually shipments to suppliers not end-user purchases.
The fact that Nokia are now going to ship WinMo 7 phones will give the
platform a boost, but from the feedback I've seen, users are generally not
impressed.

I saw a comment somewhere along the lines of "two turkeys don't make an eagle". Made me laugh. It's hard to say who has more at stake here - both Nokia and MS need some good news (and I agree, I'm dubious that they'll get it).

--
Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Wednesday 2011-03-02 20:00