Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:55:15 +0100
From: Peter Merchant <madsmad...@netscape.net>
Subject: [Dorset] Linux Limitations
To: Dlug <dorset@mailman.lug.org.uk>

How good is your linux installation?

I still have three problems that are preventing me from getting rid of M
$.

1. I need XP  for my scanner, which is so old and odd that it is not
supported in Linux.

2. I cannot get Google Earth to work. Nearly there, application is
running, but no earth.

3. Downloading library ebooks. They come as an ascm XML file, that is
used by Adobe to download the epub document, that I can then import into
Calibre. But under linux I cannot get the epub document. That seems to
be something that has not been done in linux yet.

Cheers,

Peter