On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 17:00:04 +0100, Terry Coles <d-...@hadrian-way.co.uk> wrote:
Actually, there do appear to be issues with some routers which affects Windows Share browsing. I recently tried three different Wireless N Routers and the first two (Netgear DGN2200 and DrayTek Vigor 2710) did not reliably expose one of my Linux devices to the network on Windows, Linux or (as I understand it from web forums, Macs)

In all honest this sound like a UPnP issue. ie. the Router is not
reliably passing UPnP data around the network. I've seen this in the
past.

Personally I'm not a fan of the "noisy network" design where devices
constantly shout about what they offer.

--
Robert Bronsdon

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-09-06 20:00