Hi All

My Church has two desktop PC's for the scrap heap so I've suggested we offer them to someone who doesn't have a PC and would like to use one. It seems a shame to dump them and would provide someone a start with Linux and free software. One thing I will insist on is feedback from the users and they must be of 'reduced means'. I'm sure there is someone who would like a start with computing.

They are too slow for present church use but would make suitable 'starter PC's'. I intend to put Linux on then with a range of free software (Libreoffice, Digikam, Firefox & Thunderbird (with Lightning)); I hope to provide basic training to get them started. One problem is the PC's do not have any screens, so I'm looking for any old small (12+")LCD screens.
Does anyone have  a screen which they would donate to this project please.
The local recycle centre are not allowed to pass on electrical equipment, so that's a no-goer this time round.

Peter M - With your links to the Library do you know if the council have any old screens going free, from closures ect: possibly?

*Clive A Wills*