Hi Terry,

> Paul at work (he who turns up at the Meetings) asked me if I was aware
> of a Terminal program in Linux that understood ANSII codes.  I've
> never had to do this, so I said I'd ask on the list.

ANSI fed into DEC's VT terminals that xterm(1) copied and all the other
terminal emulators since then, e.g. gnome-terminal, so xterm or similar
should handle the ANSI escape sequences he needs.  (I've found
gnome-terminal lacking in a few but they've fixed bugs eventually.)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansi_terminal

Cheers, Ralph.

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-11-01 20:00