On 14/06/2012 20:36, Peter Merchant wrote:
WRITE@LBA=240h failed with SK=5h/INVALID ADDRESS FOR WRITE]: Invalid
argument

Check out the following thread:

Other than that, try a live CD to see if it makes a difference (e.g. knoppix). Good luck burning that so you can boot off of it, though :)

(from the link above)
I solved! (it works at least for me)
You must verify that you DVD-writer have pata_atiixp driver for his scsi channel:

Code:

$ dmesg | grep scsi[0-5]\ :
scsi0 : ahci
scsi1 : ahci
scsi2 : ahci
scsi3 : ahci
scsi4 : pata_atiixp
scsi5 : pata_atiixp

4th and 5th chanell are controlled in pata_atiixp mode
then I plugged the SATA cable on 5th SATA connector on my mainboard
and after reboot:
Code:

$ dmesg | grep scsi | grep GH22NS50
scsi 5:0:1:0: CD-ROM            HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50  TN02 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5

well my DVDRAM is on 5th SATA channel, now

now I can burn DVDs!

Be sure that in your BIOS you have IDE (not AHCI) in "SATA CONFIGURATION"
after boot the kernel sets automatically on AHCI mode 4 (over 6) channels to AHCI

I noticed that on Intel-based mobo, scsi channels are always pata_atiixp
nb. AHCI is better than PATA_ATIIXP for SATA hard disks

I don't know how to select AHCI/PATA_PIIX mode in grub.conf kernel line

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2012-06-12 20:00