*Leo Laporte*, (The Tech Guy) always recommends a programming language that
will not take you very far, but lays VERY good foundations for good habits
of programming that make moving on to more complicated languages easier.
Does anyone know what this is. I keep saying every time he mentions it...
"I must remember that for my children" But you know...

Andrew Drapper

On 15 September 2012 13:22, <cawi...@talktalk.net> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> My 12 year old grandson has asked 'Which is the best Programming Language
> to learn?' - over to you all!!
>
> Please remember he is 12 years old and has just started senior school here
> in Switzerland.  I've suggested he ought to lean a cross platform language
> but I don't know which one. (C, C++, Python, Ruby, Jarva?)
> He has a windows 98 laptop and a MAC at home and I assume a Windows macine
> at school.
> At the moment he is learning to touch type (at school) and uses Libre
> Office and Firefox at home.  He is also interested to programme his Lego
> Mindstorm but does not have anyone to support him and finds it frustrating
> when stuck.
>
> Any suggestions please?
>
> --
> *Clive Wills*
>
> /Powered by Linux & Open Source Software///
>

> --
> Next meeting:  2012-10-?? 20:00

Next meeting:  2012-10-?? 20:00