Hi,

Has anyone any experience of Open Source Document Management Tools?  We have
been using a proprietary solution at work for some years now, but it is a pretty
poor performer and expensive to procure and maintain, so we are looking for a
replacement.

Key Spec Points are:

1.  Ability to store a variety of office and CAD formats.
2.  Version tracking.
3.  Ability for privileged personnel to add documents to the system.
4.  Ability for everyone else (with a company login) to view the documents and
retrieve copies.
5.  A comprehensive search capability with wild card and regular expression
support. The regexp search isn't essential, but we definitely need the wild card
search; the current system is rubbish and often returns nil responses when the
document is actually there unless the user gets the search terms exactly right.
6.  GUI based interface (many staff are not that computer literate).

Obviously any other features over and above those listed would be useful, as
long as the user interface remains simple for the average user.

Is this too much to ask for?  We have identified a few tools, but a
recommendation goes a long way.