Hi Tim

On 06/12/13 12:09, Tim Waugh wrote:
On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 10:49 +0000, Tim Allen wrote:
It looks like JobPrivateAccess is broke (basically ignored) in 1.5,
setting JobPrivateValues none at least gets back to pre-1.5 behaviour.

I'm not sure why you think it isn't working. Can you give an example
that doesn't behave as you expect? (I've just re-read all your messages
in this thread, and I don't see one that wasn't explained by my 'chmod'
analogy.)

Here's the relevant sections of cupsd.conf:

DefaultAuthType Basic
WebInterface Yes

<Location />
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>

<Location /jobs>
  AuthType Default
  Require valid-user
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>

<Policy default>
  JobPrivateAccess default
  JobPrivateValues default
  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default
  SubscriptionPrivateValues default

Log on to CUPS Jobs web page as user1. All jobs (user1 and any other user) show Name Unknown, User Withheld for each job. This is correct for default JobPrivateValues (from manual, The "default" values are "job-name", "job-originating-host-name", and "job-originating-user-name".) But incorrect for JobPrivateAccess (should be @OWNER, @SYSTEM). In fact, it doesn't matter what we put for JobPrivateAccess (all, user1, anything else), the result is the same - access is barred.

OK, test2, let's get rid of the jobs location but require authentication to the server whole: change cupsd.conf to:

DefaultAuthType Basic
WebInterface Yes

<Location />
  AuthType Default
  Require valid-user
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>

<Policy default>
  JobPrivateAccess default
  JobPrivateValues default
  SubscriptionPrivateAccess default
  SubscriptionPrivateValues default

With this, everything works as expected (although of course now we need to be a valid user to print). Logging on to CUPS web interface as user1, every print job owned by user1 is fully shown, all other jobs show Name Unknown, User Withheld.

So there's a problem with JobPrivateAccess picking up on Location /jobs (whereas JobPrivateValues does correctly recognise that location).

Cheers

Tim