On 06/12/13 16:26, Peter Merchant wrote:
On 06/12/13 14:33, Andrew Montgomery-Hurrell wrote:
It looks like you've got the newer version of the nvidia drivers which do
not support the card you are using any more. According to the errors in
that log, you need use the older, legacy package found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-display-ia32-96.43.23-driver.html if you
are running 32bit or here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-display-amd64-96.43.23-driver.html if
you are running 64bit.

I'm not sure if kubuntu includes packages for those older nvidia drivers
(which you should use if they do) but if they don't, downloading and
installing the appropriate package should provide you with the correct
driver version for your card.

Solution - easier?? than expected.

I booted from a kubuntu 13.10 disc and noted that it gave me the nice 1680x1050 resolution that I wanted, so I re-installed kubuntu.

Job Done.

Peter M.