On 25/01/14 01:16, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi,

VSpike wrote:
Ken Adams wrote:
Long time ago in the days of Fidonet, I had to ask BT to change a
particular setting on my line to improve connections on the modem.

I find I am in the same situation again.
Could it be http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm perhaps?
Or step back a bit and tell us the symptoms that make you think the fix
for a modem, removing a DACS?, needs repeating.  :-)

Cheers, Ralph, who still has his 33.6K modem.

We used to be on Talk Talk and the connection and reliability were perfect. We changed back to BT, the connection "Good Connection" ratio is down to about 10% and the once the whole handshaking bit has been successfull, the d/l spedd etc are often very poor and the connection often times out and the session aborts.

I rarely get a good connection etc.

On Talk Talk the line quality meant I had no troubles at all and everything "Flew"..

Rgds Ken

PS. The hardware and software has not changed.