Off the top of my head, I think what you can do is something like this:

1) Set up your own nameserver or use one of the various nameserver services
out there like pointhq.com that have an API for remotely managing and
updating your DNS records.
2) Set up your DNS records yourself on this new nameserver. Set your
share.gemmill.name DNS record to have a low TTL.
3) Have 1and1 set the nameservers for your domain to be your new
nameserver.
4) Write a script on your owncloud server that remotely updates the DNS
record for share.gemmill.name to point to the correct IP every so often.

Not exactly simple, and there are a bunch of different moving parts here,
plus messing up your domain handling means no more website/email/etc until
it's fixed. It also relies on 1and1 actually allowing you to use your own
nameserver with your domain.