On Wednesday, 4 May 2016 07:00:17 BST Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> "A quine is a non-empty computer program which takes no input and
> produces a copy of its own source code as its only output." --
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quine_%28computing%29
>
> World War Ⅱ voice encryption used by Allies.  Claude Shannon and Alan
> Turing involved.  One-time pad in the form of a white-noise record.
> Weighed 50 tons.  One installation was 200ft underground beneath
> Selfridges.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIGSALY

and:

Film Star Hedy Lamarr (I think I said Dorothy Lamour at the time) who
indirectly invented the frequency hopping radio:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr

Apart from that we discussed the merits and demerits of hybrid engines in the
light of the Chancellor's removal of Road Tax concessions from all but zero
emissions vehicles:

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2016/03/one-year-left-to-buy-a-hybrid-free-of-car-tax-437790/

I hadn't realised that Chelsea Tractors and other planet killers will actually
benefit while the greener cars will be penalised.  Someone has their
priorities back to front.