On Friday, 8 July 2016 20:04:20 BST C Wills wrote:
> Does any one know if there is a Linux (open source) equivalent font to
> 'Old English'?  Recently had to make some alterations to a document
> which had it's heading in Old English and that was converted to 'Times
> New Roman' which is nothing like old English.

In Kubuntu 16.04, I could find no 'ancient' fonts using the 'Fonts' tool in
Settings.
However, using Synaptic, I installed 'Essays1743' (which shows up in the
repository as 'ttf-
essays1743'.  It is a *very* ancient font and looks primitive rather than
elegant.

> I'm using Mint 17.3 with the usual standard programmes but nothing
> similar is installed.

I believe that Mint uses the Ubuntu Repositories, at least as the source of
their packages.

> The conversion from M$ Publisher was into LibreDraw, neither Scribus or
> Inkscape accepted the .pub file without corruption.
> Any advice would be appreciated.

I suspect that the tool used for the conversion isn't relevant here, unless it
uses its own
fonts.