Hi,

You may remember that I was less than impressed with Dell when I bought an
XPS-13
Developer Edition earlier this year because it came with Ubuntu 14.04 and zero
support.
Since I couldn't upgrade the Ubuntu installation without throwing away the
touchscreen
capabilities, I compromised and installed Kubuntu 16.04 as a dual-boot system.

This has worked fine until now, but since I last used the machine a week or two
ago,
something has overwritten my Grub menu.  The two partitions that I created for
Kubuntu
are still intact (I can boot into using Super Grub2 from a live disc), but I
can no longer see a
menu from the boot-screen; it goes straight into Ubuntu.

I've tried a few tools from the Parted Magic Live Disc, but cannot seem to be
able to write
a viable Grub Menu.  According to this page:

   http://www.wensley.org.uk/gpt[1]

there are some peculiarities associated with using GPT discs and grub2 has to
be written
to a special partition, but I cannot see for certain which one to use and I've
had problems
matching the incantations on that page to the reality of my disc line-up, which
has an SSD
Drive.

Does anyone know I good (safe) way to recover my grub menu?  I'll be bringing
the
machine tonight.

--------
[1] http://www.wensley.org.uk/gpt