On 06/03/17 10:33, Peter wrote:
On 05/03/17 19:56, Andrew wrote:

Hard blocked means you need to press a button.

--

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew

rfkill list gives
acer-wireless: Wireless LAN Yes.
I tried rfkill unblock acer-wireless: Wireless LAN and
unblock acer:wireless. In each case I get Bogus unblock argument. I don't use the terminal very much and I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Peter

From my experience nothing else is going to work until you can get it to say both hard and soft blocked: no.

I can't remember if rfkill has to be run as root in order to unblock. if it does then you could try:

sudo rfkill unblock 0

It's been a while, I can't remember if the sudo was needed or not. I have had a laptop which required soft unblocking every time I rebooted and another where it ended up hardware blocked and wouldn't unblock! I forget how I solved that. I think I used an ethernet cable and then stopped using the machine when the backlight died!

--

Andrew.