Hi,

We've just re-connected our WMT Webserver with the antenna in its new location
at the far end of the site.  The server is currently in the old location so
there is about 70 m of armoured Cat 5 cable between the two.  The Question is;
do we need something a bit more powerful at each end to drive the lines or do
we need something at both ends?

I have two switches to hand; a very cheap TP-Link and a bit more expensive
Belkin job.  With the TP-Link, only the near end indicator lights and with the
Belkin, both indicators come on.  This leads me to believe that something a bit
more powerful might do the trick.

When the Belkin is installed the phone gets an IP address, but fails to
retrieve the data.

Ultimately we will have a switch about halfway along anyway, but we're not
ready for that yet.

Thoughts?

⁣Sent from Blue ​