Hi,

I've just upgraded my system to Kubuntu 18.04 from 17.10.  Some nice things
and as usual some stuff that isn't so good.

The main problem that I've encountered is that the Kubuntu Devs have now
decided to drop Simple Backup Suite (sbackup).  I've used it since a Google
Summer of Code programmer created it around 10 years ago.  It suits me; as the
name implies, it's simple to use, it does incremental as well as full backups
and it includes NAS boxes as suitable targets.

I can't blame the devs for dropping it.  It was created in 2007 and the last
PPA in Ubuntu is dated 3 years ago and the previous 3 PPAs all supported the
same version, so it clearly is no longer in development.

I've been trying out several alternatives and dropping them one by one:

1.  Bacula - Very capable, but far from simple.
2.  BackinTime - Very simple, and doesn't support the NAS Box without jumping
through hoops.
3.  Deja-Dup (Duplicity) - I used this for a short while, but it doesn't
support incremental backups.
4.  Several others which suffer from one or more of the above problems.

Any suggestions?  Most of the suitable alternatives seem to be out of
development.  I know that I could use rsync and various GUI front ends for it,
but I want a semi-permanent record of the files, so that when I realise the
error of my ways three days after the backup, the original file is still
there.  I also don't want to simply drag and drop the data since my NAS Box
has a finite size to its storage.