On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 09:21, Ralph Corderoy <ra...@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> The film uses many interviews that the Imperial War Museum recorded with
> veterans some decades ago in its soundtrack, but I particularly liked
> the sound from the restored film being in the background, e.g. some NCO
> telling them to get a move on.

We went to see it when it first was shown (literally got he last two seats
in the cinema. And that was the fallback cinema because the Harbour Lights
was sold out...)

In a couple of reviews I read that for the soundtrack accompanying some of
the footage, they just had the original silent-movie film and employed lip
readers to write down the things they saw people saying, and had the
vice-over added by actors afterwards. It was very impressively done.
--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-02-05 20:00