Hi Hamish,

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:04:55 +0000, Hamish MB wrote:
> I am unsure how to license the final disk image, or what license
> statement to use if any - most of the software is GPL.
If the disk image is to contain software with incompatible licenses,
then clearly you cannot use one license to cover the entire image. It
would either violate the license for the proprietary display drivers
by being too permissive, or it would violate the GPL by being too
restrictive.

So, I think the solution must entail a listing of multiple licenses
with an indication that each applies to a particular subset of the
distribution.

IANAL. This is not legal advice!

Patrick

--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-04-02 20:00