You reminded me that a few days ago I listed the files in a core package on
a server (looking for a missing utility) and saw a few things in the list
that I didn't immediately recognise. I thought at the time, "That would be
a good way to learn about utilities that I don't know exist".

The downside is that it's system-dependant, and you have to know or guess
the names of the important packages.

On my system, anything called "*utils" is likely to be worth looking into.

#~ pacman -Q | grep "utils"
binutils 2.32-2
bluez-utils 5.50-6
bridge-utils 1.6-3