Ralph, Terry: thanks for your comments.

1. All my sensors are mounted on small circuit boards bought from (now defunct) American company Hobby Boards. I believe the temperature sensors are powered parasitically, though there is a 5v power injector to feed a humidity meter.

2. They are connected to the Pi by a DS2490 USB-RG45 bridge, and the software that drives them is based on the Dallas 1-wire software implemented by a third-party, which has been in use for 10 years.

3. The second net is completely independent though same set-up, feeding its data directly to a postgresql database.

4. I see no reason for the values of electrical signals to have changed unless something has happened to the Pi.

Anyway, this is all a bit moot, since I managed to break one of the DS1820 leads when examining the board!

So I'll have to wait for a replacement to arrive before investigating further.

Regards

Graeme

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2020-01-07 20:00