Terry, thanks for your recent comments. I liked the reasoning about possible failure of the DS2490 bridge. However I swapped it over with its mate on the other Pi, and it appears to be working perfectly. The DS18B20 has been replaced but has not been recognised as a 1-wire device, so that needs a bit more investigation. Furthermore, there are signs of corrosion on the RG45 conections of those sensors that are outside (protected in a box with loose plastic cover, but nevertheless....)

Thinking cap back on.

Regards

Graeme

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2020-01-07 20:00