On 30/03/2020 10:22, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Hamish,
>
>>> https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/cpu_list.php
>> For a really slow CPU, look up the AMD E1-1200 APU in that list :)
>> That's the CPU in my old laptop. It's basically the bottom of the pile!
> I trump that.  My daily PC is a ‘Atom(TM) CPU D525’.

Kinda, cos while each core is slower, the fact that you have 4 of them
instead of 2 means overall you have more GFLOPS :)

Does make me wonder why they bothered making it a quad core when each
core is even slower than my E1-1200, and that's really hecking slow.
Apparently it's about the same as a 7-year-older mid-spec Pentium 4!

Hamish

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, post-lurgi 20:00