I just read this document about Science United:
https://scienceunited.org/doc/implementation.pdf

Comparing BOINC's credit system to Science United's, it provides some
insight into another reason why credit for BOINC tasks may not appear
instantly:
> BOINC has a sophisticated credit system for estimating the FLOPs
> performed by a completed job.  It is fairly “cheat-proof”: it is
> difficult to get credit for computation not actually performed.
> However, this is based in part on job replication, meaning that
> credit for a job may not be granted until the companion job is
> completed, which could take weeks.

Meanwhile, it looks the Rosetta@home job queue has run completely dry
and my machine has run out of jobs to process, though over a million
jobs are still being processed by other clients.

--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, post-lurgi 20:00