It looks like I had it half there without knowing it, but things have changed
since December '19
"
Google have recently increased the security on Google Accounts by denying
access to many apps and services that previously had access to google accounts.
Google announced forthcoming changes to how apps sign in and gain access to
your Google account several months ago, to give app developers plenty of time
to conform to googles requirements regarding account access.
If an app/service is showing the 'temporarily disabled' then the app developers
need to work on getting their app verified by google in order to use Google
Sign In.

More info on the security implications of allowing third-party apps and
services to sign into your account and why these changes were considered
necessary are provided here:
https://security.googleblog.com/2019/04/better-protection-against-man-in-middle.html
"

So it's not working now. Terry is lucky.
Peter