I can type ö by pressing AltGr+[, then letting go, then pressing 'o'.
If you press AltGr+[ twice then it will show you just the combining character it'll add, eg: ¨.

There's lots of other combining and otherwise useful characters around that area of the keyboard you can use with AltGr or AltGr+Shift. Unlike any other key combination, you have to hold AltGr first, then Shift - you can't hold Shift first.

AltGr+; e = é
AltGr+Shift+0 = °

You can enter any Unicode code-point (in most programs) by pressing Ctrl+Shift+U then typing the Unicode code-point number in hex.

For Ø or ø you can use U+00D8 or U+00F8. (You don't need to type the leading zeros.)

--

Andrew.