On Saturday, 6 June 2020 12:24:14 BST Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> You've a main Pi at WMT which is the one running nodogsplash.
> It's connected to the Internet, but nodogsplash blocks
> Internet access for local Wi-Fi users once Android has seen just enough
> of the world.

Correct.

> Do you currently allow SSH access to that Pi?  Would this be sufficient,
> e.g. to ‘download the measurement results’.  If not, what requirements
> do you have as a home user which you think SSH doesn't meet?

Only from inside on the Private network.  I can't SSH into the WMT.

> Is that Pi the only machine available at WMT to aid access from
> authorised users at home?

It's the only one connected directly to the Internet, apart from the machines
in the Office (see my previous post to Keith).

> For a VPN, if that's really what's required, I'd start by considering
> https://www.wireguard.com rather than OpenVPN.

See the link I provided earlier to the WMT Forum :-)

I think maybe I did my usual trick of providing too much information :-)

I need to install a VPN Server on site, I already have a Pi connected to the
Internet, but Open VPN appears to prevent nodogsplash working.  My suspicion
is that this is something to do with iptables rules applied by both pieces of
software.  If I could set up a vlan on each physical interface I could perhaps
test that.  I just want to understand if a maclan will allow me to do this.