On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 12:59:55 +0000, gra...@gemmill.name said:

> 1.    I understand that the BTR file system may be better than ext4 for
> SSDs

Not heard that before. All our SSD systems run on ext4. What problem is
"better" solving for you?

> #rsync -av /opt/ /mnt/nasdata/ >/mnt/nasdata/opt.txt
> #rsync -av /local/ /mnt/nasdata/ >/mnt/nasdata/local.txt
> $rsync -av /virt/ /mnt/nasdata/ >/mnt/nasdata/virt.txt

That will put all files and directories from the three sources all
together in /mnt/nasdata. That probably isn't what you want: you may
prefer to omit the trailing slash from the source directories, which will
then rsync the directories themselves rather than their contents.

Overall, I'd say you're doing what's easily done: you're over-thinking it.
An SSD system mostly doesn't need to be treated any differently to a
rotating disk one.
--
Linux Tips:     https://www.tiger-computing.co.uk/category/techtips/