On Friday, 31 December 2021 10:41:16 GMT Terry Coles wrote:
> Is there any penalty in getting several hundred kilobytes of Warnings
> written to the console 24/7?

OK.  I've searched through /var/log/ and there doesn't seem to be any entries
to any of the logs that were written the last time I ran the program.  From
that, I'm assuming that 'used' lines in the console are simply thrown away
when they scroll off the screen.

Is that right?  If it is, then the only penalty that I can think of is the
difficulty debugging errors which are likely to get lost amongst all the reams
of Warnings.