On 05/03/2023 11:54, Peter Merchant wrote:
On 05/03/2023 11:09, Terry Coles wrote:
On 05/03/2023 10:53, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
I believe that you can't jump a year but have to go through the
iterations from 20.04 to 21.04 to 22.04?
An LTS release can be upgraded to the next LTS release without stepping
through the six-monthly non-LTS in between.
https://ubuntu.com/server/docs/upgrade-introduction

I think 20.04 and 22.04 are LTS releases.
Yes.  I misread Peter's original message.  He should be able to upgrade from
20.04 to 22.04.  However, my comments about the bug that I saw with Activities,
would indicate that he might have problems if he uses them.

Thanks all, I was somehow working under the misunderstanding that April
releases are LTS and Octobers are Interim, forgetting that LTS are every two
years.

Peter

Using the instructions found here:

https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-upgrade-to-ubuntu-22-04/

I did the upgrade. All went fairly smoothly, but it did require two reboots to
get a couple of things straight. After the first 'end-of-install' one the mouse
didn't work at bringing anything up.

It did keep on getting Pasystray notices as it jumped from analog to digital
until I shut them off (I think they are still happening in the background)

The sound does work, but not smoothly. We will see if the mic works this
evening.

Otherwise quite pleased.

Peter

 Check to whom you are replying