The CProfilerCallBack::JITCompilationStarted function only displays the
method name that is being jitted.

if ( GetMethodNameFromFunctionId( functionId, wszClass, wszMethod ) )
{
   ProfilerPrintf("JITCompilationStarted: %ls::%ls\n",wszClass,wszMethod);
}
else
{
   ProfilerPrintf( "JITCompilationStarted\n" );
}

I found that the GetMethodNameFromFunctionId function is a helper function
to find the method name only.

How would we use the JITCompilationStarted() callback to instrument each
method's IL as it is jitted?

Moreover, when I set the DN_PROFILER_MASK to, for example, 0x20, the
profiler crashed. It complained: "Fatal stack overflow error."

Thank you.

This list is hosted by DevelopMentorŪ  http://www.develop.com
NEW! ASP.NET courses you may be interested in:

2 Days of ASP.NET, 29 Sept 2003, in Redmond
http://www.develop.com/courses/2daspdotnet

Guerrilla ASP.NET, 13 Oct 2003, in Boston
http://www.develop.com/courses/gaspdotnet