*Junior Security Administrator *
Philadelphia PA – locals preferred as in-person interview is needed.
1 year contract role
*US Citizen **or Green Card **with a **CCNA+ **Financial Industry is what
we are seeking here.*
*Notes from the manager:*
*· End client is a financial firm – 350 users*
*· Looking for a team oriented Junior Network Security
Administrator. Strong troubleshooting experience. Ability to detect
vulnerabilities, basic Cisco experience *
*· Nice to have: Wi-fi, VoIP, Firewall experience *
*· NEXUS IS A HUGE PLUS. Team just installed them this weekend. *
*Knowledge, skills, abilities:*
• Assists in planning, implementing, and troubleshooting complex network
topologies including data, voice, security, video, and wireless networks.
• Experience in all aspects of security of network devices, servers, and
desktops leading up to remediating security vulnerabilities across all
networking and system platforms
• Experience in performing security assessments and testing coupled with
researching exploits and vulnerabilities, reading security community sites
and blogs and be security minded
• Experience in routing protocols including BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF
• Experience in TCP/IP, VPLS, VLANs, Trunks, and Ether Channel
• Experience in the configuration and maintenance of Cisco routers,
switches, and firewalls (IOS and NX-OS)
• High skill level with mastery of most operating systems
• Demonstrated experience with storage technologies and converged network
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in process automation
• Demonstrated experience implementing multiple security policies and
• Capable of resolving complex software and hardware problems
• Assists with the design, implementation, and management of disaster
recovery infrastructure, policy and procedures, and business continuity
• Assists with highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business
requirements or enhance performance.
• Troubleshoot network systems and application performance with the use of
packet capture and protocol analysis.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to
ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network
• Assists in performing and evaluating cost analyses and vendor comparisons
for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations.
Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s).
Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines
• Assists in providing escalated, highly complex technical support to
client by investigating and resolving network-related matters of
• Assists in advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the
investigation and solution of the complex network requirements and
problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees
implementation of all network related projects
*Other Skills and Qualifications*
• Strong communication skills to communicate network/systems issues and
resolutions to management
• Provide network diagnoses and resolution for current networks/systems
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Implementation
• Strong documentation skills (Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
• Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level
personnel, subordinates, and team members
• Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Minimum certifications/educational level:*
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS or comparable experience
• CCNA Cisco certified (preferred but not required)
*Other qualifications preferred but not required *• Experience with
• Experience with Riverbed WAN appliances
• Experience with Load Balancing technologies (Citrix NetScalers)
• Experience with Enterprise Wi-Fi (Ruckus Wireless a Plus) configuration
• Experience with VoIP Network Solutions
• Experience with Cisco Nexus switches (2k, 5k, 4500)
• 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer in an enterprise environment
• 5+ years of related experience with networking technologies
• 5+ years of related experience with security technologies
• 1+ year of related experience with WAN Optimization technologies
• Excellent organizational, written, and oral communications skills a must
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Ability to work shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays as
• Ability to work flexible schedules as needed
• Experience working within a financial company a plus.
• US Citizenship required
Last 4 of SSN:
MM/DD of birth:
Availability to Interview:
Availability to Join:
# years of each skill required on the job:
*Junior Network Security Administrator*
*Ability to detect vulnerabilities*
*Cisco experience *
*Nice to have: *
*Firewall experience *
*NEXUS IS A HUGE PLUS *
Any relevant certifications?
Other points that make this candidate a great fit for this role:
Thanks & Regards,
203 Elden Street
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"DotNet Architect" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dotnet_architect.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.