Many thanks,
I'm afraid I have to update first. My kubuntu dapper installation has an older version of dovecot.
Rainer

Timo Sirainen schrieb:

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 19:49 +0200, Rainer Sigl wrote:
Hi all,
most of the time deleted messages aren't moved into trash folder but go into nirwana. Sometimes it works correctly. But a restart does not guarantee this function. This effect exists with different imap clients. Can anybody help please.

IMAP server doesn't move deleted messages to Trash. Some clients can be
configured to do that, so if it's not working it's either a client
configuration issue or there's something else wrong.

You could enable mail_log plugin to see what the clients are doing
(http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/MailLog). Also look at Dovecot's error
logs to see if there's anything (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging)

--
Rainer Sigl,                      | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]