Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
I tried building dovecot using :

CPPFLAGS="-fstack-protector" LDFLAGS="-lssp" ./configure

That would result in a proper build, yet the binary would complain
once being run:

dlopen(/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so) failed:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol:
__stack_chk_fail_local
Error: imap dump-capability process returned 89

and the like. So: Is it possible at all?
All SuSE Linux binaries starting with v10.0 are built with

-fstack-protector and works as expected.

v1.0 successful build and source rpm available at
http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/mail/openSUSE_10.2/

For my own builds I also always successfully used -fstack-protector.

Uldis