Our users currently make use of a single namespace, mbox format:

namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix =
  hidden = no
  inbox = yes
  location =
mbox:~/:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/spool/poptemp/dovecot/%u
}

I'd like to give them access to additional Maildir-format storage area,
so to the above I've added:

namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix = archive/
  hidden = no
  location =
maildir:/newmail/%-3.3i/%u/:INDEX=/var/spool/poptemp/dovecot/%u.a-thumper-mail
}

I can set up subfolders of archive/, and they work as expected.
I can also designate the "root" of archive/ as INBOX and that works properly.
But "SUBSCRIBE archive" fails.

Is it possible to subscribe to the "root" of this new Maildir heirarchy as
if it were just another folder?  If not, would this be a useful feature to add?

Thanks,

--
Adam Tilghman  |  Systems Support / Academic Computing  |     +1 858 822 0711
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  University of California, San Diego   | fax +1 858 534