Charles Marcus schreef:
On 11/25/2007, Marc Cuypers ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
Charles Marcus wrote:
On 11/23/2007, Marc Cuypers ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
# dovecot --version
1.0.rc15

Extremely old...

Upgrade...

Does your reply  mean that allow_nets didn't work with version 1.0.

Not necessarily - it means its so old that I (and most likely more than a few others) don't want to hassle with checking to see what possible problems/bugs it had that are fixed in current releases.

Unlike myself, Timo could I'm sure answer a lot of question like this off the top of his head, but I'm also sure even he gets irritated by people who come here asking for help when they are running an ancient version.

In other words, as with all free software - the more current version, you are running, the easier it will be to get support...

You are probably right.

I'll try to compile dovecot 1.0.7 on a test machine (debian etch), and test again.

--
Marc