On 26.11.2007, at 18.28, Ronny wrote:

even client_process_exec() do not comes to "LPE7" the file output is created! So it seems execv() runs the process but then stops and do not return!

That's why I thought that the problem could be that running dovecot- auth.exe calls some library's init function which causes it to exit. You could try running directly:

./dovecot-auth.exe
echo $?

Does it fail with the same error 53?

By the way, to you use gdb/ddd? Does it work for you? Do you use any special debug level?

Sure I use gdb in Linux, but if you mean in Cygwin I haven't used Cygwin for years. What do you mean by debug level?