Actually, there is no problem with the deliver : it displays a warning if the home directory overrided by the variable "home" (in my conf) is not existent, and it uses the right sieve script according to the "sieve" variable described in the plugin section.

However, pysieved (using auth-master socket) does not get the right value for "sieve" and "home" variables (or at least pysieved does not get the right value for sieve scripts location).

Is a dovecot or pysieved issue ?

To make it clear and end up the thread, the deliver does use the home/sieve variables described in the plugin section. However, the auth-master socket (that i use with a frontend to manage my sieve scripts) does not use them.

There is then 4 choices :
* make my own dovecot patch making the master socket or userdb-ldap read plugin's variables (tricky,might be hazardous for an uninitiated?) * use dovecot 1.1.* and overriding the home attribute value in user_attr (dovecot-ldap.conf)
* patch my application (here pysieved)
* use the dovecot managesieve patch (if managesieve reads plugin's variables??)

I would have appreciated to see that there is a proper way to change the sieve scripts location with dovecot 1.0.x which works with pysieved (and at least ldap userdb). As I have mentioned, there are solutions. Thanks anyway for this great software.

sam