On Aug 7, 2008, at 3:57 AM, Jeroen Koekkoek wrote:

I receive the following error message.

Aug  7 09:38:51 mta2 dovecot: POP3([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
nfs_flush_fcntl:
fcntl(/var/vmail/domain.tld/somebody/Maildir/dovecot.index, F_RDLCK)
failed: Function not implemented

Dovecot tries to flush kernel's data cache.

I think that I can disable mail_nfs_index to fix these messages. Has
anybody had the same problem, if so, how did you solve it?

You could disable mail_nfs_index, but that if the same mailbox is accessed concurrently from multiple servers that will probably cause index corruption.