On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Charles Marcus wrote:

On 11/20/2009, Charles Sprickman (sp...@bway.net) wrote:
It is very good compared to TB2.  However, the exact problem the OP
described still exists in 3.0b4.  I've had the folks I setup with TB3
bugging the hell out of me about the "all of a sudden a bunch of
messages are marked new" issue.

This has to be some weird dovecot config problem... we just haven't ever
seen anything even close to that here.

I doubt it... As the OP said, this seems unique to TB. Webmail (roundcube) does not have any issues.

Do you use mbox or maildir (we've always used maildir)?

Maildir.

We're talking about a mailbox with two or more users always in it and around 40K messages across a few hundred folders. The scale of it all seems to be part of the issue I think.