Op 9-1-2011 23:55, Jan-Frode Myklebust schreef:
On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 09:19:39PM +0100, Egbert Jan van den Bussche wrote:

I'm trying to find a way to find inactive users.

What we do is to touch a file upon every login:

protocol imap {
        <snip>
        mail_executable = /usr/local/dovecot/sbin/imap-wrapper.sh
}

protocol pop3 {
        <snip>
        mail_executable = /usr/local/dovecot/sbin/pop-wrapper.sh
}

and these simply do:

        #! /bin/sh -
        touch /var/log/activemailaccounts/imap/$USER
        exec /usr/local/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/imap

Once a day we push this info to a database, and use that to view
stats on account/protocol usage.

   -jf
TNX!

This works fine! I had to change the path but that is Ubuntu versus your distro. One question though: I have file called "dump-capability" in the ...activeaccounts/imap dir. Any idea what that is? Maybe generated during restart of dovecot? Must be created bij the imap-wrapper.sh.

Egbert Jan