that is hardly worth considering the load :)

Running spamassassin/clamav will use more load than dovecot would. Probably using mutt directly against the mailstore might not be good, but I have no issues with my own mailstore around that size.

Quoting Vegard Svanberg <veg...@svanberg.no>:

* Ricardo Branco <rica...@wenn.com> [2011-07-18 18:10]:

To get benefits of Dovecot indexing you would need to interface Mutt
to IMAP or else you will scan the Maildir directory each time Mutt
is started.

Yes, that's more or less what I wrote / meant to write :)

You need to know more info than just 200,000 messages.

How many mailboxes, users, messages per day etc

One mailbox, one user. Messages per day varies from 200 to 1500.

(I try to limit the mailbox to 200000.)

--
Vegard Svanberg <veg...@svanberg.no> [*Takapa@IRC (EFnet)]