On 08/31/2011 02:59 PM, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
Using a fairly simple dovecot config (which obviously needs some max
limit tweaking) we have problems with IMAP synchronization between
thunderbird clients.

Two TB clients in the same IMAP mailbox will, from time to time, show
different views of the same INBOX folders, when TB caching is
enabled.  The only fix is to right-click on the folder, go to
"Properties" and use the "Repair Folder" option which repairs the
local TB .msf cache file.

Is there any server-side fix/workaround that would keep TB from
regularly going out-of-sync ? This happens with TB3 and newer
versions, in concert with either dovecot 1 or 2.

I ran into exactly this problem as well, it is infuriating. A workaround was discussed here awhile back. Sticking this in the "protocol imap" block of dovecot.conf solved the problem completely:

imap_capability = IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDP LUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS

  That should all be one line; watch for wrappage.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL