On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 12:05 +1100, Jan Mikkelsen wrote:

> I'm testing out 2.1.rc1, building against clucene 2.3.3.4.
>
> Without libstemmber, the build fails because it attempts to include
> SnowballAnalyzer.h which is not part of "core" clucene.

It was actually supposed to be distributed with Dovecot, but it got left
out from the tarball.

http://snowball.tartarus.org/ this one.

> clucene

2.3.3.4

> and libtextcat is dovecot 2.1.rc1 intended to be used against?

http://www.let.rug.nl/vannoord/TextCat/ probably.. Basically I've just
used the libstemmer and libtextcat that are in Debian.

> Is it worth bringing the wrapper class around libstemmer into dovecot
> to avoid funny dependencies against clucene and so that the -lstemmer
> test in configure is enough?

I'm hoping for a new CLucene release where I don't need libstemmer
anymore.