On 01.06.2012 22:58, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
[...] I sat down and put together a list of stat items we think to be useful in
daily
dovecot usage.

Quite a list. But I believe most of those values are quite useful and I would also love to see such a rich set of measurements being available.

Besides pulling together all the data we also think it would be useful to have
an SNMP interface to access the stats. Our offer to create and contribute a
standalone web interface for dovecot stats stands.

Yes, I second that. Otherwise quite a few installation will just hook the dovecot commands to netsnmp handlers, which is not a pretty solution.

Maybe dovecot could also do the SNMP for statistics that plugins provide? I'm thinking managesieve access, sieve processing or expire here.

Regards

Christian