On 10/16/2012 11:39 AM, David Travers wrote:
Hi All,

I keep going round in circles with this.
I have quotas up and running but would like to add a couple of per user
exceptions but can't figure out how to do it!

I am using Open Xchange community edition on top of dovecot and tha tis showing
the 200MB limit, if I change it in the dovecot.conf the change is reflected in
open xchange, but can't figure out how to change for 1 user.

I believe I need to add to a passwd file, but I have added to that and nothing
has changed.

user:{plain}pass:1000:1000::/home/user::userdb_mail=mbox:~/mail
userdb_quota_rule=*:storage=100M
user2:{plain}pass2:1001:1001::/home/user2::userdb_mail=maildir:~/Maildir
userdb_quota_rule=*:storage=200M

Example given on http://wiki.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields

Note that the extra fields are prefixed with userdb_ when placed in a passwd
file.

Also, watch your quota_rule numbering. You have 2 rules with the same number
(quota_rule2 for Trash
and SPAM). In the passwd file, you are replacing the rule specified by number
(no number technically
being the first).

Jack