On 05/11/2012 23:22, Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 23:40 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
Anyway, looks like Dovecot can't link OpenSSL to imap/pop3 processes
without wasting a ton of memory. In v2.2 I already moved imapc/pop3c
backend code to plugins to avoid this. Looks like similar ugliness is
needed for other features/backends also that may end up using SSL code.
(We were wondering with Stephan what to do about his new HTTP library
code that added support for SSL. It would be nice to keep it in the core
libdovecot.so, but not if it links with SSL. So looks like we'll need
some kind of a http-ssl plugin that is loaded only when needed.)
Implemented it a bit easier way that also gets rid of imapc/pop3c
plugins and simplifies other things: lib-ssl-iostream now loads OpenSSL
dynamically: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/68d21f872fd7

This also provides a nice abstraction to OpenSSL, making it again
possible to implement other backends like GnuTLS or NSS. (Except login
process code doesn't use lib-ssl-iostream yet.)

Does libtomcrypt implement enough?

Ed