On 08/26/2013 12:43 AM, LuKreme wrote:
On 25 Aug 2013, at 18:00 , Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

Am 26.08.2013 01:42, schrieb LuKreme:
In my dovecot.conf I do not have pop3-login anabled (since I do not support
pop3)
but you do not have it disabled

protocols = imap
First, that is imap. Second, the string "pop3" does not appear anywhere in the
output of dovecot.conf. Third, there is no protocols line in dovecot.conf either.

Are you saying that to DISABLE pop3-login I have to ENABLE IMAP specifically
even though IMAP already works fine?

It sounds like that's exactly what he's saying.
All dovecot configuration values have defaults. Reindl is saying that the default for protocols includes pop3, and your experience seems to prove he's right. If you do set that configuration item, it will include only what you specify.