Le 4 avr. 2014 à 10:37, Teemu Huovila a écrit :

> Hello
>
> On 04/04/2014 11:18 AM, Axel Luttgens wrote:
>> I'm still wondering... under which circumstances could the crash occur?
> This issue occurs whenever the function
> src/pop3/pop3-commands.c:client_uidls_save() is called.
> The function is called when:
>
> The pop3 internal structure client->message_uidls_save is 1. This in turn
> happens when any of these is true:
> 1. pop3 logoutformat has %u
> 2. config setting pop3_uidl_duplicates is not the default "allow"
> 3. config setting pop3_save_uidl=yes
>
> The problem manifests in two different ways.
> 1) When the zlib plugin is active the executable crashed due to a
> segmentation fault.
> 2) If there is no zlib, the data returned by the UIDL command is "off-by-one"
> and the last data item is null.
>
> Without zlib the error might look something like this:
> C:uidl
> S:+OK
> S:1 00000002533553b6
> S:2 00000003533553b6
> S:3 00000004533553b6
> S:4 00000005533553b6
> S:5 00000006533553b6
> S:6 (null)
> S:.
>
>> Hence the question: to patch or not to patch?
> Patch, if your setup will need to meet any of the three criteria triggering
> the issue, before 2.2.13 is released.

Hello Teemu,

Thank you very much for your kind and very detailed explanation.

None of 1. to 3. apply here, so I guess I've just been lucky.
On the other hand, I didn't notice that the patch applies to a very precise
context (the client_uidls_save function); it should thus be safe to apply it in
all cases (even if un-needed with some *current* configuration).

Sincerely,
Axel